Business and Entrepreneurial Support
The Entrepreneurship Innovation Institute
The Entrepreneurship Innovation Center, located in LCCC’s Great Lakes Technology Park, provides a one-stop location for comprehensive training and business-support services for new entrepreneurs as well as established companies that need assistance with growth strategies.
Within the Center, the Entrepreneurship Innovation Institute (EII), LCCC’s leader in workforce and economic development initiatives, coordinates and delivers the training and services needed by today’s businesses and entrepreneurs. EII also delivers services and training to meet the needs of individuals looking to upgrade their skills and /or advance their careers.
From assistance with starting a business to training employees, improving processes or finding a new location, EII has the services that employers and employees need.
From short informational sessions to high-tech full-time programs, EII has the training needed by today’s workforce.
- Workshops and Courses
EII training programs cover the latest trends and skills that are in demand in today’s workplace. Topics include:
- Business skills such as project management, supervision, sales and financials
- Information technology including business software, graphic design, Microsoft Office, Web page construction, Computer Aided Design (CAD), computer technologies, software, desktop software and office applications
- Manufacturing/engineering including everything from CNC machining to welding and geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Organizational development including Six Sigma and Lean, TQM, and other industry-recognized programs
- Professional licensure/certification renewal requirements for medical personnel, educators and social workers/counselors
- Professional development courses in areas such as leadership, teamwork and time-management skills for students, new job seekers, and workers upgrading their skills
- Career management services, including career exploration and job search workshops, resume assistance, on-line job search service and work-based learning opportunities (internships/co-ops)
Training for workplace skills that are in high demand are delivered in an expedited format so that students gain certifications in a short amount of time. Programs include: paralegal, Manufacturing Skills Standards (MSSC), Six Sigma greenbelt and blackbelt, medical coding, IT FastTrack, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and Transformations: Training for Technology.
Services for Businesses.
EII provides businesses with assistance in finding the talent they need, maintaining/upgrading the skills of their current workforce, and improving their overall operations. Training and services can be customized to address a business-specific need, and can be delivered for credit or non-credit. Services include:
Training for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring/selection assistance, including job-posting services, on-campus recruiting, candidate screening, job description development
- Comprehensive assessment center, providing skill assessment, validation and certification
Education and training for entrepreneurs includes an entire non-credit sequence of courses, beginning with Basic Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, and progressing through intermediate and advanced levels of training to assist the entrepreneur through every stage of business development. Entrepreneurs may also enroll in any of LCCC’s credit entrepreneurship courses; pursue the associate’s degree, or even a bachelor’s degree through the LCCC University Partnership.
Great Lakes Innovation and Development Enterprise (GLIDE)
The Great Lakes Innovation and Development Enterprise (GLIDE), located in the Entrepreneurship Innovation Center at LCCC, provides a multitude of services to aspiring entrepreneurs. GLIDE’s services include:
- Business growth and development services for entrepreneurs and businesses.
- Technology/staffing support
- Access to legal counsel
- Educational resources
- Business management mentoring
- Access to capital
- Strategic business guidance
Business and Office Space
- The Great Lakes Technology Park, located adjacent to the LCCC campus, offers customizable building sites that can be purchased or leased.
- The Entrepreneurship Innovation Center at LCCC provides competitively priced lease space designed to support the needs of businesses.
Innovation Fund of the Lorain County Community College Foundation
Provides grants for technology-based entrepreneurial efforts that provide educational opportunities for students from Lorain County Community College or its University Partnership institutions across the region.