Convenient Ways to Register
Students have several methods by which they may register for classes:
- Online registration is for currently-enrolled students and those with an LCCC application on file who have been assigned an LCCC student number. Online registration makes the process simple and convenient. Students may search on their own for class availability, update personal information, view grades and much more. Online registration is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week and students may drop and/or add classes right up to the first day of class. A student registering online may phone the Bursar’s office and pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) if desired or pay online. Please note, new students must meet with an academic advisor or counselor for initial class registration.
- In-person registration is held in the Enrollment, Financial and Career Services division during announced registration periods. In-person registration is for all students.
- Mail registration is accepted from students who have filed an application for admission or from students who submit their applications for admission in the same mailing with the credit registration form. Mail registration is accepted with use of personal check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. A schedule/receipt is mailed to students who register by mail. In the event changes to a student’s schedule are necessary, these changes need to be made in person by the registrant. Mail registration is for continuing students; new students may register by phone if the admission application is filed at least two weeks before registering. During announced times, students may register by mail by completing a credit registration form and mailing it to:
LCCC, Records Office
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035
- During announced times, telephone registration is accepted from students by phoning the Records office. A student registering by phone may make payment at time of registration with Visa, Discover, American Express or MasterCard. Telephone registration is for continuing students. New students may register by phone if the application is filed at least two weeks before registering.
- Students may register by fax, by printing and completing a credit registration form, making sure to include correct credit card information. Fax completed forms to (440) 366-4167. Fax registration is for continuing and former students. New students may register by fax if application is filed at least two weeks before registering. Fax registration is accepted with use of Visa, Discover, American Express or MasterCard.
Note: New Students must meet the new student requirements prior to registering for classes (complete LCCC orientation, complete the College Student Inventory questionnaire and meet with an academic counselor or a career and academic advisement professional).
New Student Requirements
LCCC’s new student requirements are part of the LCCC Career Advantage for success and completion. These requirements provide students with important information they need prior to beginning classes and include information about resources, services, policies and procedures at Lorain County Community College. Students are required to:
- Participate in Placement Assessment (Accuplacer, ACT/SAT) to determine which English and Math courses to schedule.
- Participate in the New Student Orientation prior to registering for college coursework. (Preference is for students to attend in-person orientation but on-line version is also available.)
- Complete the College Student Inventory (CSI), an online questionnaire, to identify students’ strengths for completing educational goals.
- Meet with your assigned Specialty Advising Team Member (Advisor, Counselor or Success Coach) to schedule first semester courses and develop a Career Advantage Plan (MyCAP).
Students who are non-degree seeking and registering for three or fewer hours, transient students, and students registering for audit are exempted from these requirements. However, once a student attempts more than 3 credit hours they need to complete the above new student requirements. Orientation can be completed either in person or online and details are located at www.lorainccc.edu/orientation.
As part of LCCC’s commitment to student success, late registration is not permitted. If a student is unable to attend the first class meeting, they will not be permitted to register for the course. In distance learning classes, registration must be completed prior to close of business on the second day of the course.