Academic advisors are available to help students select and register for courses, or students can register independently.
Students registering without the help of an advisor should:
- Understand the degree or certificate requirements listed in the curriculum guide for your program.
- Plan for the whole year. Students near graduation should understand when the needed courses will be offered. Many courses are only offered in one semester every year, so planning ahead is important.
- Understand prerequisites. These are courses that must be taken before the student can enroll in another course. For example: College Composition I (ENGL 161) is a prerequisite for College Composition II (ENGL 162). This means that ENGL 161 must be successfully completed before enrolling in ENGL 162. If a course has a prerequisite, it will be listed in the course description.
Registration for fall and summer semester opens every March. Spring semester enrollment opens in October. Check the academic calendar for specific dates.
Registration is limited during the first week of enrollment. Check the Registration Schedule to find out when you are eligible to register for classes.
Detailed checklists are available to help students navigate the steps for the application and registration process. Learn more at https://www.lorainccc.edu/register.
Eligible returning students can register online at http://mycampus.lorainccc.edu.
Register by Mail
Mail registration is accepted from students who have filed an application for admission or from students who submit their applications for admission in the same mailing with the credit registration form. Mail registration is accepted with use of personal check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. A schedule/receipt is mailed to students who register by mail. In the event changes to a student’s schedule are necessary, these changes need to be made in person by the registrant. Mail registration is for continuing students; new students may register by phone if the admission application is filed at least two weeks before registering. During announced times, students may register by mail by completing a credit registration form and mailing it to:
LCCC, Records Office
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035
Register by Phone
During announced times, telephone registration is accepted from students by phoning the Records office. A student registering by phone may make payment at time of registration with Visa, Discover, American Express or MasterCard. Telephone registration is for continuing students. New students may register by phone if the application is filed at least two weeks before registering.
Register by Fax
Students may register by fax, by printing and completing a credit registration form, making sure to include correct credit card information. Fax completed forms to (440) 366-4167. Fax registration is for continuing and former students. New students may register by fax if application is filed at least two weeks before registering. Fax registration is accepted with use of Visa, Discover, American Express or MasterCard.
New Student Requirements
LCCC’s new student requirements are part of the LCCC Career Advantage for success and completion. These requirements provide students with important information they need prior to beginning classes and include information about resources, services, policies and procedures at Lorain County Community College. Students are required to:
- Participate in placement assessment (Accuplacer, ACT/SAT) to determine which English and math courses to schedule.
- Participate in the New Student Orientation prior to registering for college coursework.
- Complete the College Student Inventory (CSI), an online questionnaire, to identify students’ strengths for completing educational goals.
- Meet with an academic advisor or academic counselor to schedule first semester courses and develop a Career Advantage Plan (MyCAP).
Students who are non-degree seeking and registering for three or fewer hours, transient students, and students registering for audit are exempted from these requirements. However, once a student attempts more than three credit hours they need to complete the above new student requirements. Orientation can be completed either in person or online and details are located at www.lorainccc.edu/orientation.
As part of LCCC’s commitment to student success, late registration is not permitted. If a student is unable to attend the first class meeting, they will not be permitted to register for the course. In distance learning classes, registration must be completed prior to close of business on the second day of the course.