Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
and Post 9/11 Processing Time
The application for veteran's education benefits may take VA four to six weeks to process. Veterans’ Educational Benefit Certification Request form (Cert Request) received will take two to three business days based on how close it is to the starting date of the term. VA generally takes an additional two to four weeks to process. LCCC and VA process student’s benefits in the order they are received.
The following may cause delays:
- Incomplete Cert Request.
- Scheduling classes that do not apply to your degree.
- Need for additional documentation (grad request or documentation from another college).
- Multiple adjustments transmitted to VA.
- Changing your degree.
- GPA (does not meet standards of progress).
- Inactive phone number and/or email address.