UP Express CSU
Lorain County Community College students planning to transfer to Cleveland State University will benefit from an added pathway to a four-year degree with the creation of UP Express CSU. The new program is an extension of LCCC’s successful University Partnership with Cleveland State University and will be open to all degree programs at Cleveland State University.
- UP Express CSU will provide dual admission to LCCC and CSU from day one.
- Students will receive a CSU Viking ID and can take advantage of special events and facilities at both institutions.
- A first-year experience course at LCCC will generally be taught by a CSU graduate.
- Students can take up to three classes at CSU while attending LCCC.
- Collaborative advising will be provided by both institutions.
Future Vikings Learning Community
The UP Express CSU program prepares students for CSU’s downtown campus experience with the Future Vikings Learning Community. Students will:
- Take classes with peers on LCCC’s campus.
- Receive streamlined advising services from both institutions.
- Have access to facilities such as computer labs and rec centers at both schools throughout the program.
Students still in high school can get a head start on this path to a CSU bachelor’s degree by taking College Credit Plus courses from LCCC, saving even more time and cost for a four-year degree.
Transfer Pathways to CSU
Lorain County Community College and Cleveland State University have created transfer pathways that allow LCCCs students to transfer course credits toward bachelor’s in degrees offered by CSU.