Transient Student (Incoming)
A student at another college or university can take classes at LCCC for credit at the home institution.
- Select the course(s) from the online Class Schedule.
- Meet with an advisor, counselor or other appropriate person at the receiving college or university to determine the proper course work at LCCC and to ensure transferability for degree requirements.
- Obtain transient student permission from the home college or university. This is a formal authorization to enroll in another college and is verification that the home school accepts successfully completed course work. This permission is usually in a standard form or letter from an advisor or counselor. However, the Sample Transient Letter may be used if approved by the home college or university.
- New students who have never taken a course at LCCC must apply for admission to LCCC.
- Indicate courses being taken by completing the Transient Course Registration form.
- Complete the Transcript Request Form.
- Mail the completed forms to:
Attention: Records Office
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035
- Or fax the completed forms to: The Records Office at (440) 366-4167.
- Students may also register in person in Enrollment Services, located in the Bass Library.
New students must create a MyCampus account after completing the application for admission. Students can check schedule, tuition information and grade report through MyCampus.
For More Information
Further information is available from the LCCC Records office at (800) 995-LCCC, ext. 4067 or (440) 366-4067.
Transient Students (Outgoing)
LCCC students can take courses at another college or university for credit at LCCC.
Must be a current LCCC student.
Completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at LCCC.
Earned 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average.
In good financial standing at LCCC.
Complete the LCCC Transient Student Credit Request form. Complete both pages of the application and return to the Transfer Center.
If the application is approved, you will receive a Transient Student Registration form that can be used to register for classes at the other institution.
Students who are unsure about the course needed at another institution can either make an appointment with an LCCC counselor or check on the course transferability with the Transfer Center.
Must provide an official transcript to LCCC upon completion of the course in order to receive transfer credit at LCCC.