Tuition and Fees
Current tuition and fees are published online each semester. Fees are subject to change without prior notice. All debt obligations are payable in full on or before the designated fee due date. Tuition is subject to change. Tuition fee rates vary dependent upon the residency classification of each individual student as defined by the State of Ohio. Categories of residency are:
- Lorain County resident.
- Out-of-county, Ohio resident.
- Out-of-state and/or international resident.
Blanket Tuition Program
LCCC’s innovative blanket tuition program provides students with the opportunity to sign up for up to 18 credit hours and pay only for 13 credit hours. Approximately 24 percent of LCCC students use the blanket tuition program.
Interest-Free Tuition Installment Plan
The LCCC Tuition Installment Plan allows the student to postpone payment of certain fees. For credit class enrollments the student will be billed for one-third of the total amount, deferred on three separate occasions, after the beginning of the academic term. The first third must be paid by the last day of the fourth week of the academic term; the second third must be paid by the last day of the eighth week of the academic term; and the final third must be paid by the last day of the 12th week of the academic term.
For a student to be eligible to participate in the plan, the student must:
- Be an LCCC student.
- Have no past due debt with LCCC.
- Be enrolled in a credit course (no minimum required).
- Be enrolled in a non-credit course lasting 10 weeks or longer, with a fee equal to or greater than $800.
- Not have defaulted on the Tuition Installment Plan within one year preceding the current application.
(Note: A default on the Tuition Installment Plan makes an applicant ineligible to participate for one full year following the date of default unless a reinstatement fee of $25 is paid with the new application.)
Fees Covered by the Tuition Installment Plan
- Semester hour fees and eligible non-credit course fees.
- General fees.
- Laboratory fees.
- Technology fees.
- Schedule adjustment fees.
- Other special fees associated with course instruction.
- Plan application fee.
Fees NOT Covered:
- Reinstatement fees.
- Transcript fees.
- Non-Credit instructional fees (except as indicated above under Eligibility.).
- Fines and assessments.
- Testing fees.
- Bookstore purchases (i.e. books and supplies).
- Other fees NOT associated with credit course instruction.
Cost of the Plan
The Tuition Installment Plan is an interest-free plan. The processing fee for participating is $15 per application.
An official transcript of a student’s academic record is issued upon the authenticated request of the student only. Any outstanding obligation due to the College must be satisfied prior to the issuance of a transcript. When prior obligations are settled by check or money order, an official transcript will be issued only after the check or money order has cleared the bank. Official transcripts can be requested online or in the Enrollment, Financial and Career Services division. Unofficial transcripts are available for students online. Accessing requires appropriate login.
A refund will first be applied to any outstanding balance owed to the College. All refunds are paid by college check within two to four weeks. No refund will be made in cash. A refund will be issued to the student or the original payer only after the initial check has cleared the bank. To initiate a refund of credit fees paid for any term, a student must complete the withdrawal process as prescribed by the College. Refunds for a complete or partial withdrawal or schedule adjustment will be granted as stated below.
LCCC Checks Reported Missing
The replacement check process will begin up to two weeks from the date of the original check reported as missing.
Fall and Spring (15-week term) Semesters
Refund of fees paid will be calculated on the following basis:
- 100 percent if the class is canceled by the college.
- 100 percent refund if the course is dropped by the student before the first scheduled day of the semester.
- 80 percent refund if the schedule adjustment or withdrawal is initiated during the first eight calendar days of the semester.
- 40 percent refund if the withdrawal is initiated during the period between the ninth and 15th calendar days of the semester.
- No refund if withdrawal is initiated after the 15th calendar day of the semester.
Refunds for credit courses offered differently than the traditional semester calendar (noted above) will be calculated proportionately to and consistent with institutional policy.
Refund calculation for students who adjust their schedule:
- If the schedule adjustment results in an increased number of scheduled credit hours, students will pay the fees for the additional hour(s).
- If the schedule adjustment results in a decreased number of scheduled credit hours, students will be refunded on the differential number of hours at the refund percentage in effect on the calendar day that the schedule adjustment was initiated by the student in the Enrollment, Financial and Career Services division.
- If the schedule adjustment results in no change in the number of scheduled credit hours, there will be no refund nor any additional instructional or general fees charged through the 14th day of the semester. Laboratory and/or special fee adjustments will be similarly calculated.
Refund of fees will be calculated on the following basis:
- 100 percent if the class is canceled by the College.
- 100 percent if the withdrawal or schedule adjustment is initiated before the first day of the scheduled term.
- 80 percent if the withdrawal or schedule adjustment is initiated during the first four calendar days of the scheduled term (eight-week term).
- 40 percent if the withdrawal or schedule adjustment is initiated during the period between the fifth and seventh calendar days of the scheduled term (eight-week term).
- No refund if withdrawal or schedule adjustment is made after the seventh calendar day of the scheduled term.
Definitions for Credit Classes
“Calendar day” is defined as any one of the seven days of the week.
“First scheduled day of the semester” is defined as the day classes begin as published in the college calendar.
“Schedule adjustment” (drop/add). After registration and before the eighth calendar day of the semester, the following could happen:
- One or more courses are added to the schedule.
- One or more courses are dropped from the schedule.
- One or more courses are changed from one section to another section.
- Schedule adjustment transactions do not result in a transcript notation.
“Withdrawal” is defined as the removal of one or more courses from a student’s schedule on or after the eighth calendar day of the semester. A challenge of the refund amount must be made in writing and mailed to the refund committee or delivered to the Enrollment, Financial and Career Services division.
Tuition Appeals Policy
Refunds for special circumstances will be accepted in writing to the LCCC Tuition Appeals Committee. Please provide supporting documentation that supports the request for refund along with the written refund request. Refund appeals can be delivered to the Enrollment, Financial and Career Services division front counter in the LCCC Bass Library Building during open hours or can be mailed to:
Tuition Appeals Committee
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, OH 44035