LCCC’s Career Services can help students identify the career that best fits their goals and interests, prepare for a job search after graduation, and get a great job.
Choosing a Career or Major
Our career experts provide a variety of tools to help students choose the right college major. These tools include:
• Career decision assistance including Exploratory Majors
• Computerized self-assessments
• Career services web pages
• Access to MyPlan a free on-line career decision-making tool
• Online Career Coach
To best prepare for a successful career in the workforce after graduation, students have access to career-related job opportunities as part of the learning experience. The following options are available:
• Paid internships
• Student employment
• Civic engagement and volunteerism with service learning
Finding a Job
Career Services offers job search tools to students, graduates and members of the community. These tools include:
• Online job posting system: “anytime” web access to local employment and internship opportunities
• Job search skills workshops and course
• Resume development assistance
• Interview preparation
• Mock interviews
• Salary information and job market data
• Job/Internship fairs
Transitions is a free networking group for business professionals who are currently in the job market, concerned about their current job stability or interested in changing careers.
Unemployed or Underemployed
Lorain County residents are welcome to use the resources of the Career Services office. In collaboration with Ohio Means Jobs–Lorain County, LCCC offers access to an array of services to support workers who have lost their jobs and are looking for a new opportunity or career.
Get Started Today
Contact Career Services at (440) 366-4076 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Visit www.lorainccc.edu/careers, for a detailed description of all services and programs.
Career Services is located in the Bass Library/Community Resource Center, first floor, room LC 131 and can be reached by calling 366-4076.