Manufacturing Engineering Technology - Industrial Electrical Technician, Associate of Applied Science
Curriculum Code #6215
Effective May 2023
The industrial electrical technician program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for the competent performance as an entry-level electrical maintenance technician. The graduate will repair, test, adjust or install electronic equipment. Lorain County Community College has articulation agreements with colleges and universities including programs offered by LCCC’s University Partnership.
|CISS 121||MICROCOMPUTER APPLICATIONS I||3|
|ELCT 111||ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS I||3|
|ENGL 161||COLLEGE COMPOSITION I||3|
|ENGR 120||INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING||1|
|MTHM 155||TECHNICAL MATHEMATICS I||4|
|SDEV 101||INTRODUCTION TO THE LCCC COMMUNITY 1||1|
|AETC 121||PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS||3|
|CMMC 151||ORAL COMMUNICATION||3|
|ELCT 112||ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS II 2||4|
|ELCT 121||DIGITAL ELECTRONICS 2||4|
|TECN 133||MECHANICAL SYSTEMS||3|
|ELCT 287||WORK-BASED LEARNING I - ELCT 2,3||1|
|AETC 223||PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS II 4||3|
|AETC 241||INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL||3|
|ELCT 211||ELECTRICAL POWER AND DEVICES 2||4|
|PHYC 150||GENERAL PHYSICS I 2||4|
|ELCT 223||ELECTRICAL BLUEPRINT READING||2|
|ELCT 224||INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS 2||4|
|QLTY 236||RELIABILITY CENTERED MAINTENANCE 4||3|
|Arts and Humanities Elective 5||3|
|Social Sciences Elective 6||3|
A student must register for the orientation course when enrolling for more than six credit hours per semester or any course that would result in an accumulation of 13 or more credit hours.
Indicates that this course requires a prerequisite.
This course offers an opportunity for experiential learning.
Indicates that this course has a prerequisite or may be taken concurrently.
Select any Arts and Humanities Ohio Transfer 36 course.
Select any Social Science Ohio Transfer 36 course.
For information about admissions, enrollment, transfer, graduation and other general questions, please contact your advising team.
- Communicate effectively in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Apply math, science, and engineering, technology principles to solve problems in an industrial manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior.
- Perform industrial electrical manufacturing tasks in a safe manner.
- Function effectively when performing the tasks of an industrial electrical technician by applying relevant technical knowledge and skills in the industrial manufacturing setting.
- Recognize the need to maintain currency with equipment, tools and devices used by the industrial electrical technician in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Complete industrial electrical maintenance exercises effectively.